[Board] motions from 2016-02-11 meeting

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Mon Mar 7 17:01:33 PST 2016

On 2016/03/07 15:52, Jody Garnett wrote:
> Discussions tabled for email:
>
>     - FOSS4G 2016 Planning for OSGeo Booth, see FOSS4G_2016_OSGeo_Booth,
>     dirkf has volunteered to create a list of volunteers (although we may wish
>     to delegate to local osgeo community?)

Regarding the OSGeo Booth at FOSS4G-2016, we need the add "Event Contacts"
at [1]. I have also created a "Volunteers" item on [1] to indicate
people who are
willing to spend time attending to the OSGeo booth. Dirk could send out
a mail
to osgeo-discuss requesting volunteers to sign up at [1].

At any given time, someone who can answer questions about OSGeo
Foundation and
projects needs to be present at the booth.

[1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2016_OSGeo_Booth

>     - email thread: OSGeo supporting GWF2016 - define the theme of the OSGeo
>     event

The e-mail thread on possible theme for OSGeo session at GWF-2016 can be
seen at [2].
I think Dirk will be updating the details at [3] soon.

[2] https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/board/2016-February/013919.html
[3] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Geospatial_World_Forum_2016

Best

Venka