[Board] FOSS4G NA update

Rob Emanuele rdemanuele at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 07:46:11 PST 2016

Hi All,

Jody requested that I send the FOSS4G NA 2016 status that I have in the IRC
board meeting onto the mailing list, so here it is:

FOSS4G NA as of early March 2016:

93 35 minute talks, 36 short talks, 10 workshops, 3 keynotes

Free speaker passes to the main speaker of every keynote, 35 minute talk
and workshop.

Short talks were a response to the overwhelming amount of great
submissions; instead of having hour talks like we did last year, we chose
to accept 15 minute short talks, and give those speakers a discounted
conference pass.

13 people coming on scholarships (61 applicants)

350 registrations so far. Early bird registration is over, and we are
currently above the registration number at this point for last year's
conference. We're cautiously optimistic that there will be a bump in
registrations as we near the conference, similarly to last year, and that
we will hit our targets.

Sponsors so far: 4 Gold, 2 Silver, 5 Bronze, 8 Theme day level sponsors
Call for posters & pre-schedule BoFs will be issued soon.

Receptions on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and post-conference event on
Thursday.

We're planning on an unconference and code sprint.

OSGeo has a booth just as last year; we'll leave it to OSGeo to staff the
booth.

Let me know if there are any questions!

Thanks,
Rob