[Board] charter member elections

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 11:04:38 PDT 2016

Taking a chance to round up outstanding activities from prior board
meetings - we have the following scheduled for march:

   - Motion: Establish the fixed date of charter and board member election.
   - Motion: Decide charter member election process by March not here now

Here is the section of the f2f mins:

Review Election process

>    - VC: Report past processes
>

>    - Last year, we adopted new rule allowing negative vote
>

>    - MS: Discussion always starts August.
>

>    - Some discussion about how to avoid hostile take-over
>

>    - Very unlikely there would be any hostile take-over
>

>    - But practically very vulnerable to hostile take-over. So, need to
>    consider how to prevent that.
>

>    - Under current charter member election process, anybody could
>    recommend charter member. In this case how could check his/her real
>    intention?
>

>    - Board need to decide whether limit the number of charter member or
>    limit number of percentage?
>

>    - It should be informed 3~4 months earlier before election begins.
>

>    - August is not good time to carry out election because of FOSS4G in
>    August.
>

>    - Can we have election in June? (JG)
>

>    - Can we have election after FOSS4G? (DF)
>

>    - Motion(JG): Decide charter member election process by March not here
>    now
>

>    - Second(AG)
>

>    - Motion passed
>

>    - Motion: Establish fixed date of charter and board member
>    election(MS)?
>

>    - Vasile Seconded
>

>    - Motion Passed
>
> --