[Board] Fwd: [Qgis-developer] Call for nominations for voting members of the QGIS.org board.

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Thu May 5 06:16:13 PDT 2016

Hi Jody (resending as my tim at qgis.org address is not registered on the board list).

> On 05 May 2016, at 14:16, Jody Garnett <jody.garnett at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I wonder who we can ask? I know Larry has been interacting with SAC on certificate stuff - he may be willing. It may be nice to find a QGIS power user who could represent us, or someone from education?

Just for a bit of back history: The thinking behind having an OSGEO voting member was to try to maintain close ties with the OSGEO board even as we become an independent (from OSGEO) legal organisation. So I would think ideally it would be an OSGEO board member and yes having insight into the QGIS community would be helpful. The engagement would be pretty low on the nominated person - primarily to vote to approve / disapprove the QGIS annual budget and report, and to vote in (or out :-P) members of the QGIS board.

Regards

Tim

> On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 3:57 AM Anita Graser <anitagraser at gmx.at <mailto:anitagraser at gmx.at>> wrote:
> Dear board,
>
> The QGIS community is asking OSGeo to provide a representative to become a voting member of the new QGIS.org legal entity. Tasks include electing the QGIS board and approving the budget. Please find details below in Tim's email. ​Nomination ends on Wed 11 May. I think it would be great if someone from the OSGeo board volunteers. Since I'm on the QGIS PSC, I think someone else should be the OSGeo representative.
>
> Please let us know if there are any questions.
>
> Best wishes,
> Anita

—

Tim Sutton