[Board] [Marketing] motion: marketing committee chair

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu May 12 05:08:51 PDT 2016

Hi Mark, All

Just a quick note to show moral support and that there are some silent
members like myself who do care to have a strong and proactive marketing
committee (I'm sure I'm not alone). This has been a missing piece of
OSGeo for a long time. Yes, we have OSGeo-Live, it is an awesome
initiative, it is a great marketing tool, but we need much more than
that, and only people with marketing skills can help there. All this to
say that I'm glad to see some marketing oriented people join the
organization and I hope that your participation will encourage others to
join.

Daniel