[Board] UN Meeting

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 13:38:05 PDT 2016

On 11/10/2016 4:53 AM, Anita Graser wrote:
> ​The board micro-managed the conference com? (I'm asking because I
> have not read the entire thread on the conf mailing list.​) Any way,
> lets try not to repeat this process with the UNCom.
Hi Anita,
I suggest read the thread embedded into my last email I've just CCed to
the board.
It doesn't include everything, but does include enough that you should
get an idea.

The quick summary:
* After a conference committee face-to-face meeting at FOSS4G, Steven
took on an action to clarify conference committee procedures.
* He did this, put it out for comment, actioned feedback, then put to
the proposal to vote
* He received positive feedback from majority of the conference
committee, and two -1 vetos from Venka and Maria (who are also on the
board).
* This resulted in 120+ emails, and a stalemate.
* Maria has suggested to solve the problem of voting rules by putting on
the board agenda. (Hence the implication of being micro-managed by the
board)

--
Cameron Shorter
M +61 419 142 254