[Board] OSGeo Committee Guidelines Meeting

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 13:18:06 PDT 2016

I'm interested in this topic (as community rather than a board member),
but live in an awkward timezone, and a relatively inflexible schedule.
So please continue without me.

However, I'd be happy to offer my services to help facilitate the
editing of the guidelines:

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Committee_Guidelines

I also think this discussion should be opened to the greater OSGeo
communities to capture their practical advise.

I think current text is actually pretty good, but could be tweaked
slightly to ensure it is workable within both active and relatively
inactive communities, and work for big and small decisions.

Here is a variant of text which I think could be used as a starting point:

/For most decisions, a motion is raised within one of the OSGeo-Live
open forums (IRC, email list, etc) and those present vote and decide.
Should there be contention in deciding, and after discussion at least
one member is still strongly against the motion, by continuing to vote
-1, the motion should be referred to the PSC.//
//
//For motions presented to the PSC, a motion is considered passed when
there are more PSC +1 votes than -1 votes, and either all PSC members
have voted, or 4 days have passed. In the case of a tie, the PSC chair
shall have 1.5 votes./

Source: https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Management

On 21/10/2016 2:48 AM, Anita Graser wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We're planning a dedicated meeting on committee guidelines.
>
> Please pick your preferred date before Saturday night:
> http://doodle.com/poll/gu8gdqzwrvtx2e3u
>
> Best wishes,
> Anita

Cameron Shorter