[Board] MoU with AGILE

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Sun Oct 23 06:10:36 PDT 2016

I have made some minor edits to the draft AGILE-OSGeo MoU
at https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/MOU_AGILE#Memorandum_of_Understanding

More comments inline.

On 6/25/2016 12:52 PM, Jody Garnett wrote:
> Some feedback ...
>
> - spell out open source (rather than just OS).

Has been done.
> - I would like to clearly list open source participation as a goal of
> educational materials (rather than only use) since that is one of our goals
> as a foundation
> - This MOU is good in that it lists opportunities"areas and opportunities
> for open source geospatial research"

Jody, can you edit the draft MoU so as to reflect changes
you would like to incorporate based on you feedback below?

> - waiving the registration fee for our annual generation meeting is not
> quite the same thing as waving the fee for our annual foss4g conference. If
> we do take on relationships where registration to foss4g is waived we
> should be sure list the cost in the annual operating budget (rather than
> place an expectation on the organizers of bonn or boston events)
Changed

from
"Exchange designated official representatives to the principal annual
meeting of each organization. Registration fees for one official
representatives will be waived;"

"Exchange designated official representatives to the principal annual
meeting of each organization. Registration fees for one official
representatives will be covered by respective organizations;"

Once the draft is finalized, it can be taken up with the AGILE consul for
final conclusion of the MoU.

Best

Venka