[Board] discussion on osgeo projects, osgeo community and incubation

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Wed Aug 2 16:47:26 PDT 2017

Hi Cameron,

On 8/3/2017 5:55 AM, Cameron Shorter wrote:
> Hi Venka,
>
> I hear that you feel strongly about a matter. Your passion is noted
> and valuable. Others have spoken with equal conviction to the
> contrary. The other (standard) way to resolve a disagreement is to
> initiate a vote.

A vote is what I have been requesting since the beginning of this thread.

> Insisting on a course of action without a vote sounds quite
> authoritarian, and contrary to the principles of open source and
> democracy.

The adjectives you have used above, describe better a situation when
decision are taken unilaterally without informing the parties concerned
(as is the case with changing project categorization).

> If you wish to change something, I suggest initiating a vote. If
> related to incubation, or to marketing, I suggest those communities
> should be involved in the voting process.

I am not the one who is suggesting to "change" something.
I am most happy with the way things were before they
got changed.

Venka