[Board] Statement by OSGeo to refund GSoC delegate

Rohith Reddy rohithreddy2219 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 02:24:47 PDT 2017

Hello all,

I am Rohith Reddy, one of the mentors for GSoC this year. I am also one of
the OSGeo delegates participating in the GSoC Mentor Summit 2017. I would
need some extra paperwork in order to make sure I obtain a visa. After
making some research Margherita and me found out that it would be extremely
helpful to have a statement by OSGeo, saying that I will represent the
organization and OSGeo will refund me a lump sum of 1100 USD to cover the
cost for airline travel. We prepared such letter

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BP38jZ9yH72p_3xyetLjeKSFuzTiq8FdysW_
JNE7Qrc/edit?usp=sharing

and I think if one has to sign it on behalf of OSGeo, it should be the
treasurer, being money involved. Do you agree? Could you please do that?

I have my visa appointment scheduled on 24 August 2017. A signed letter
would be very much helpful for my visa application.

Regards,
Rohith Reddy.