[Board] f2f meeting follow up

Dirk Frigne dirk.frigne at geosparc.com
Wed Aug 23 01:03:26 PDT 2017

Thanks to the board to recognize the formation of the osgeo european
chapter.

Thank you Shuchith for the congrats.

Now we can focus on the goals we want to reach. A good start is to
prioritise these goals and try to reach one important goals which we
want to reach.

As in 2 weeks the INSPIRE conference starts in Strasbourg, France and
Kehl, Germany, this is a good start to promote OSGeo further to the EU
institutions.

Dirk

On 2017-08-23 07:16, Jody Garnett wrote:
> Meeting mins are now
> available: https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Face_to_Face_Meeting_Boston_2017
>
> The board has the following actions identified:
>
>   * Action: Aex talk to jeffrey johnson and provide feedback by the end
>     of the weekend on what is needed to host the website
>   * Action: Jody talk to Jeffrey Johnson to explore out what cloud
>     hosting would cost
>   * Action: Michael to ask Jeff McKenna to present project status report
>     Friday 4:30 pm
>   * Action: Michael to invite Norman Vine as needed to identify
>     meaningful areas for OSGeo and LocationTech to collaborate
>   * Action Venka: Ask Franz to ask in public on the board email list?
>   * Action Helena: Ask Charlie if foss4g Bonn publication accept a few
>     more papers?
>   * Action: Michael to provide pre diem costs to attend
>     accommodation+food in each city
>   * Action: Vasile to finish report, and publish on website after review
>     by conference committee and osgeo board.
>   * Action: Vasilie to take action to take time offset idea to the
>     conference committee
>   * Action: Jody to talk to David Bitner from the foss4g-na committee
>     about time-offset idea
>

> --
> Jody Garnett
>
> On 20 August 2017 at 17:20, Jody Garnett <jody.garnett at gmail.com
> <mailto:jody.garnett at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     If anyone is in position to post meeting mins please do so, I think
>     we are all in transit so this will be tricky :)
>
>     We have a number of items to report back to the community in:
>     osgeo-eu and analysis/feedback on foss4g affordability.
>
>     In the AGM we had very firm instruction by the conference committee
>     that any direction would be needed (by Monday?) to inform the
>     proposal process in 2019.
>     --
>     --
>     Jody Garnett