[Board] Update: MOU with AGU / Open Geosciene Committee

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Thu Dec 7 05:28:18 PST 2017

Hi Peter,

Thank you for this timely update, I was in fact wondering the progress
of the AGU relationship earlier this week.

I think it is great that you made contact with Brooks Hanson, and I feel
that this will get things moving for the AGU.  As you notice the OSGeo
Board is still working on naming the Executive Board members, but until
then I believe your plan of having the executive members of OSGeo's Open
GeoScience Committee drive the initial discussions (and possibly even
sign the MOU as an OSGeo Officer during the EGU General Assembly in
Vienna) is a good plan.

I agree that sometimes these relationships rely on these titles (I have
recorded you as the officer of OSGeo's Open GeoScience Committee at
http://www.osgeo.org/content/foundation/board_and_officers.html).

Please keep us posted on the wiki draft of the MOU, we will help draft
that with you.

Thank you Peter for this update.

-jeff

PS. if you need an extra set of eyes on any email drafts etc to Brooks &
team during the holiday crunch please let me know.