[Board] meeting prep thread, OSGeo sponsorship and 2018 opportunities

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 10:45:19 PST 2017

I would like to bump this thread now that we are close to year end:
http://www.osgeo.org/sponsorship

Our page lists "OSGeo 2017 Sponsorship Opportunities" that we can update
for 2018.

Looking for the following commitment from board members as a result of this
discussion thread:

1. List of initiatives to invite sponsorship support, for example travel
grant initiative
2. Commitment to meeting with sponsors, it is listed a sponsor benefit. I
would recommend making a breakfast meeting at foss4g global, foss4g Europe
and foss4g-na and foss4g-asia if there are sufficient board members present.
3. Commitment to setting up networking events for sponsors, this was the
top-request from our 2017 meetings. Although we scheduled this activity for
Boston  it did not come together as planned, with some slack was taken up
by the B2B function.

I have also set up a bug report to have a "donate" button added to
staging.osgeo.org (https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/2056) :)

--
Jody Garnett