[Board] random catchup on RFP

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 10:26:01 PST 2017

Passing the following on to the board list to keep public communication up
(since not everyone is subscribed to marketing):

*Thanks to everyone for getting together letters to send out to shortlisted
firms. Jachym was able to send them out this morning - Jeffery Johnson was
CCed on the correspondence and can direct any questions back to us.*

*Because these responses cover commercial-in-confidence feedback marketing
committee members have been invited to a private google document. Board
members can see the resulting PDFs in dropbox.*

*Due to our delay we have extended the response period until Monday. I did
not feel comfortable slipping schedule very much as that would set a
precedent for future interaction on both sides. The google document was
taken private so I could add some specific responses to each EOI (answering
questions or highlighting areas of their EOI we appreciated).*

*The board still has not gotten back to Marc - but there has been a
positive outcome of the question. Sponsorship (as seen on the email list is
picking up). And the board is taking the draft budget that was approved
into a final form. I suspect everyone involved is still apprehensive about
the 50k not to exceed limit placed on this activity - making communication
depressingly halting:*
*- We did not hit our go/no-go decision marker; perhaps we should arranged
a meeting with the board for next week if we do not get an email response*
*- SAC was not aware of an extra 8k being put aside for their participation
in this initiative; it is like they will be fine if the board uses this
budget to support the RFP process.*
*- Sponsorship is picking up (3.5k and counting) - but on a different time
frame than our RFP process*
*- Because the budget is still only publicly in draft form it is not clear
if we have access to 2016 budget to put towards this activity; we are not
the only committee suffering due to lack of clarity*

*I suspect that while sponsorship may eventually cover the gap the board
will need to be comfortable backing this activity.*

--
Jody Garnett