[Board] feb 2nd agenda additions - code sprint (s)

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 11:34:57 PST 2017

We have an agenda taking shape for the next board meeting:
- https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2017-02-02

There are two requests for code sprint funding listed.

A reminder we have a procedure
<https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Code_Sprint_Guidelines> for code sprint
funding.

Keep in mind we have far more requests for code sprint sponsorship then
budget in a calendar year - how we make it work is by taking the profit
from one code sprint and using it to fund the next. As host of these events
we try cover the event in case sponsorship does not come through -
specifically we try to ensure the local organizers are not "out of pocket"
in the event of a loss (as we like our volunteers more than we like money).
--
Jody Garnett