[Board] [OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo is the host of FOSS4G not a guest

Massimiliano Cannata massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch
Mon Jul 3 06:58:05 PDT 2017

Hi Guido,
I don't understand why you are frustrated and disheartened by this
conversation.
We're not discussing on climate changes :-D

To All of you,
(i swear it is my last mail in the tread - maybe -)

My point of view is very simple: OSGeo is not a sponsor of the event, is
the "owner" which selected you great team and proposal for organizing the
conference. Thus is not correct list OSGeo in the sponsor list.
Try to open this link: http://2017.foss4g.org/sponsor/ and honestly tell me
if you understand OSGeo is the host, or do you get the impression it is
just one of the 20 sponsors?

Since this fact has been part of discussions in the past, I believe it is
very important to be underlined and communicated to avoid misunderstanding,
also for the future FOSS4G conferences.
I believe that details and communication are important (otherwise, for
example why spend time  and money in marketing and site re-branding?).

And it has nothing to do with the great work you are doing in bringing
another wonderful foss4g (big big thanks). These are small (but not
negligible) details..

I just requested the board to take a position on this, without entering in
details of when, what and why it happened.
Then I will be happy whatever is the decision and will go on on doing my
contribution and work for OSGeo ;-)

Ciao,
Maxi

--