[Board] relationship with sub brands

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 20:57:48 PDT 2017

>>    -
>>
>>    Review of OSGeo Live branding history
>>    -
>>
>>       Discussion on relationship between projects and osgeo
>>       -
>>
>>       We have an answer about “Live” - it is a live demonstration of
>>       software, rather than a static demo.
>>       -
>>
>>       We have a strong relationship and we could ask OSGeo Live to use
>>       the OSGeo logo unaltered, however that does not answer the general problem
>>       (of how to work with sub brands)

I have reached out to the osgeo-live list, for their feedback; in part
because they took a run at adopting the branding early and are hitting a
release candidate deadline.

I would appreciate if the board could consider these tradeoffs; while we
can ask the communities for feedback we are responsible for the
relationships the foundation cultivates.