[Board] Fwd: Official expression of interest forming a European Chapter

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Sun Jul 23 03:54:52 PDT 2017

All local chapters have the same relationship with OSGeo.

A key reason to found a local chapter is to interact and advocate for open
source on a regional city, state or national or union level - something the
global osgeo organization is not in the best position to do.

I do not think it is useful (or any of our business) to ask about members
being automatically in a group. We are a volunteer organization and members
volunteer where their hearts lie.

For example there is a British Columbia local chapter - if we form a
Canadian chapter in Boston I may choose to volunteer there also.

Jody Garnett