[Board] Any updates on travel grant foss4g push?

Michael Terner mgt at appgeo.com
Thu Jun 1 15:30:13 PDT 2017

Just a couple of updates from Boston:

   1. Today we launched our "call for volunteers
   <http://2017.foss4g.org/volunteer/>" which provides another "more
   affordable" means of covering registration.
   2. With the success of our early bird registration, the Boston team is
   comfortable providing full conference registrations to travel grant
   recipients for $500 (a discount below Early Bird) for recipients who aren't
   applying/accepted as a volunteer. If/when our registration momentum
   increases, we are hopeful we may be able to do more.
   3. We are maintaining a list of people who have inquired about our
   Travel Grant program and we are ready to launch an application page off of
   our website, or provide a link to an OSGeo page on applying for a travel
   grant.

We look forward to hearing how the Board and Conference Dev deliberations
are going and are ready to assist when needed...

MT

On Thu, Jun 1, 2017 at 5:53 PM, Jody Garnett <jody.garnett at gmail.com> wrote:

> It has now been another week. I am writing up sponsor press releases, and
> would love to have something to link to for this travel grant program.
>
> --
> Jody Garnett
>
> On 24 May 2017 at 12:43, Jody Garnett <jody.garnett at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I am sure we are all getting lots of interest above travel grants for
>> foss4g. We managed to pass two motions last week - is anyone from the
>> conference committee around to acknowledge the change of scope/budget?
>>
>> I would like to confirm we have done our bit as the osgeo board, and ask
>> if there is anything more we should be doing.
>> --
>> --
>> Jody Garnett

*Michael Terner*
*Executive Vice President*
617-447-2468 Direct | 617-447-2400 Main
Applied Geographics, Inc.
24 School Street, Suite 500
Boston, MA 02108
www.AppGeo.com

--
This e-mail message and any attachments may contain confidential or legally
privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient or otherwise