[Board] Any updates on travel grant foss4g push?

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 16:25:27 PDT 2017

Thanks for the update.

The board has done our bit with travel grant budget and mandate.

Speaking for myself (not OSGeo or conference committee) I would prefer if
we stick with early bird discount pricing to avoid setting a complicated
precedent for subsequent events to follow.

If the LOC is feeling confident you can donate or credit the travel grant
program an appropriate amount.

I know on the books it looks the same, but this way we allow the travel
grants to reach more people this year while avoiding setting a moving
target for fundraising.

Jody Garnett