[Board] Board meeting (or work party) Thursday 14:00 UTC

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at ncsu.edu
Thu Jun 15 12:03:39 PDT 2017

> I was able to write up the something for GSDI for the website content
> <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zg3SnmNyLmvwAZBkxwrdJ9hHy1p07M7YslliHNm5928/edit#heading=h.v03viinyky1k> (took
> about five mins based on their website, about page and logo). One thing I
> noted was that they do not list OSGeo in their list of MOU organizations -
> any chance we can fix that? See this page
> <http://gsdiassociation.org/index.php/about-gsdi.html> for the list that
> does not include us :)

Jodi, based on our MoU tracking wiki
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/MOU_OSGeo_All
<https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/MOU_OSGeo_All>
this MoU has not been signed yet - that would explain why it is not listed
on their website and it should not be listed on our website yet. Please use
the wiki page above for the list of active MoUs.

Also, at my meeting at GetInteractive I suggested to only list the partners
with one sentence description and a link to their website unless we have a
dedicated volunteer who would be willing to keep the text and contacts on
 our website up to date. Many organizations change their descriptions quite
often and the same is true about the officers and contacts (e.g. for most
of our active partners the presidents rotate on annual or bi-annual basis).
In the past we were not even able to review the MoUs annually as written in
the MoUs so we changed it to bi-annual renewals.

This is just my suggestion, feel free to keep the page with extended
descriptions, but please do not include the MoUs that have not been signed
yet and for which we do not have a signed hardcopy in Dropbox.

Thank you Helena

> I have sent an email to Till Adams, covering the conference committee
> budget <https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Budget_2017> for the travel
> grant program. Venka had some questions we can clarify via email.
>
> IRC log is here: http://irclogs.geoapt.com/osgeo/%23osgeo.2017-06-15.log
>

> --
> Jody Garnett
>
> On 15 June 2017 at 06:56, Jody Garnett <jody.garnett at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Meeting in 5 mins, we will coordinate on IRC, and either take it as an
>> IRC meeting or start a hangout to get things done :)
>>
>> --
>> Jody Garnett
>>
>> On 14 June 2017 at 17:23, Jody Garnett <jody.garnett at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> We did not establish a meeting time for June:
>>>
>>> * https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_of_Directors#Board_Activ
>>> ities_and_Meetings
>>>

>>> <https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_of_Directors#Board_Activities_and_Meetings>We
>>> had a request to default to the third Thursday of the month (to make this
>>> predictable), with that in mind let us try for tomorrow at 14:00 UTC. if we
>>> have enough bodies for quorum so much the better.
>>>
>>> We have a number of things to sort out:
>>>
>>> - f2f meeting Paris
>>> - f2f meeting Boston (along with what assistance we can offer for travel)
>>> - partner details for website content
>>> - foss4g coordination
>>>
>>> --
>>> Jody Garnett

Helena Mitasova
Professor
Department of Marine, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
North Carolina State University
1125 Jordan Hall
NCSU Box 8208
Raleigh, NC 27695-8208