[Board] osgeo live feedback

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 11:02:00 PDT 2017

I had a review of the upcoming live.osgeo.org release, and noticed a couple
things to update.

1) The live.osgeo.porg sponsorship list
<https://live.osgeo.org/en/sponsors.html> included both project sponsors --
and OSGeo sponsors. The result was quite out of date. As the board member
keeping tabs on sponsors this was my responsibility .. but I did not know
live.osgeo.org was keeping a list :)

2) More importantly the sponsors page has a section describing osgeo
foundation <https://live.osgeo.org/en/sponsors.html> which had not been
updated with our new mission / vision. Once again we updated these
statements as a board, but did not chase it down into live.osgeo.org.

3) As incubation chair I asked if OSGeo live could update the branding for
OSGeo Projects and OSGeo Community Projects. This setup is in keeping with
the board  decision to open the door to "innovation" last year by providing
an easier way for just-open-source projects to be supported by the
foundation).

4) I asked if live.osgeo.org could include the new logo / color / font
branding (it may be too late, but it does not hurt to ask).

5) I also asked as a LocationTech member if additional cloud based projects
could be listed on osgeo live. They are an increasingly important part of
our open source ecosystem, but not listed on live.osgeo.org.

I have joined the project mailing list to provide the above feedback more
directly, however I want to emphasis that it is not enough for us to make
decisions as a board - we need to reach out and communicate those decisions.

With respect to the board decisions on mission/vision/community projects
are there any other areas we need to update?
--
Jody Garnett