[Board] OSGeo Banking Support

Seth G sethg at geographika.co.uk
Thu Mar 23 07:47:01 PDT 2017

Hi all,

The Irish OSGeo Chapter is in the planning stages of a one-day event in
May - https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Ireland/Symposium2017

We believe we have the funds and sponsorship to pay for the hosting of
the event, but would like to know if there is any possibility that OSGeo
could provide a bank account?

We will likely use https://www.eventbrite.ie/ to allow attendees to
register and make a small payment (unless there are any open-source
suggestions for this?). We will need an account to pay into, and then
make probably 2 payments from the funds (a hotel and a expenses
reimbursement). Funds would be paid in/out in Euros. If an OSGeo account
could be used this would mean we don't have to try and open an account
which may be difficult without an official organisation. It also means
any excess funds remain within OSGeo.

The alternatives are to use a personal/related company account, or to
see if an arrangement could be made with the venue, neither of which are
ideal solutions.

Regards,

Seth

--