[Board] Dear President [?????]

Ben Caradoc-Davies ben at transient.nz
Thu Nov 2 19:40:35 PDT 2017

Barend,

the Bylaws state that the Board may appoint any natural person as President:
http://www.osgeo.org/content/foundation/incorporation/bylaws.html

******

ARTICLE V Officers

Section 5.1 Number and Qualifications. The officers of the corporation
shall consist of a Chair of the Board, a President, a Secretary, and a
Treasurer. Officers must be natural persons that the Board of Directors
elects or appoints. Officers need not be Directors of the corporation
and shall hold office at the discretion of the Board of Directors.
Subject to these Bylaws, the Board of Directors may also elect or
appoint one or more additional officers or assistant officers as it may
deem convenient or necessary. Except as provided in these Bylaws, the
Board of Directors shall fix the powers and duties of all officers.

******

Kind regards,
Ben.

--