[Board] Welcome new Board

María Arias de Reyna delawen at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 23:39:43 PST 2017

Dear Ravi,

I don't quite understand your email, maybe because I am not a native
speaker and I miss subtleties. Can you please explain me the following?

On Mon, Nov 6, 2017 at 3:48 AM, Ravi Kumar <manarajahmundry2015 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi List and Board,
> very spirited developments and approaches.
>
> Pl make it clear 'Where The Board will STOP'..

What is PI?

> I mean for example, can they enact resolutions which will, change the
> 'Very Character', of OSGeo without putting it to vote, by the charter
> members, or gather feelings from the DISCUSS List..

You mean, if we can change the bylaws? Can you please give me an example of
your concerns? And, of course, if you have a concrete worry, please, share
it explicitly. I see no inminent change of that nature with the current
board, but, as I am part of the board, maybe there is something I can't
see. We all shared our goals and principles during the election process,
did you see there something that may change the very nature of OSGeo?

Also, as Jody says, we are too worried on the short term to have longer
term plans. And, if it helps, one of my goals is precisely to keep the
"free and open source" nature of OSGeo, so at least from my side, any
deviation from the original OSGeo will get a very big -1 :) Call me
traditional if you want, but I like OSGeo as it is.