[Board] [EXTERNAL] Re: Request for OSGeo Budget 2018

Smith, Michael ERDC-RDE-CRREL-NH CIV Michael.Smith at erdc.dren.mil
Thu Nov 9 06:05:22 PST 2017

There is no reason to do this immediately, nothing pressing that would require this.

Mike

--
Michael Smith
OSGeo Foundation Treasurer
treasurer at osgeo.org

From: Board <board-bounces at lists.osgeo.org> on behalf of Michael Terner <mgt at appgeo.com>
Date: Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 8:25 AM
To: Till Adams <till.adams at fossgis.de>, Michael Smith <treasurer at osgeo.org>, Michael Smith <michael.smith.erdc at gmail.com>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [Board] Request for OSGeo Budget 2018

Seeing Till's report on FOSS4G 2016, I thought it would be appropriate to add a little about the timing and status of the FOSS4G 2017 event finances:

  1.  We anticipate finishing our reckoning and closing the books on FOSS4G 2017 by the end of this year.
  2.  Our only remaining expenses are for some assistance with video processing.
  3.  Happily, our finances are strong and we will return to OSGeo 100% of the $70k advance as well as something close to/over $100k of surplus.
If these revenues are germane to the 2018 budgeting process, we would be happy to meet with Michael Smith (and interested others) to provide an overview; and also to understand if there are any timing considerations in when we provide the funds (e.g., if helpful, we could return the Advance immediately).

Please let us know if anything is needed from us...

MT