[Board] R: board budget 2018

Maria Antonia Brovelli maria.brovelli at polimi.it
Thu Nov 30 03:21:08 PST 2017

What is this insurance for?
Cheers
Maria

Inviato dal mio dispositivo Samsung

-------- Messaggio originale --------
Da: Angelos Tzotsos <gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com>
Data: 30/11/17 11:59 (GMT+01:00)
A: board at lists.osgeo.org
Oggetto: Re: [Board] board budget 2018

Is there an estimation how much it would cost to cover liability insurance for all Officers?

On 11/30/2017 01:56 AM, Jody Garnett wrote:

If we work from last years budget do we anticipate any changes?

- Admin $5000 USD
- Travel $10000 USD

Michael do you have a quick record on travel expenses approved, or do I
need to make a total from our meeting mins over the year?

My informal take (not based on checking last years spending); increase
travel to $15000 (to reflect regional distribution of directors and FOSS4G
being in Africa). Consider raising Admin to $8000 to reflect increases call
for legal direction, and possibility of liability insurance for more OSGeo
officers (committee chairs for example).

Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
Charter Member
Open Source Geospatial Foundation
http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos