[Board] so how do osgeo trademarks work?

Shane Curcuru shane at punderthings.com
Wed Oct 11 05:16:50 PDT 2017

Hello!  Someone mentioned you were talking about trademarks and I was
wondering if I can provide any advice (apologies for jumping into your
board list if that's inappropriate...)

I volunteer as VP, Brand Management at the ASF and wrote the trademark
policies for Apache projects, so if folks here do have questions, I
might be able to help.  For general info about how trademarks work with
open source, I've collected some useful links:

  https://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/resources#other

Separately, thru my Punderthings consultancy, I'm building up a new
website to help open source projects understand what non-profit
Foundations are out there to help them with governance:

  http://chooseafoundation.com/

If OSGeo has a documented process by which new projects can join, I'm
happy to take a pull request to add you to the list.

- Shane Curcuru
  http://punderthings.com/