[Board] so how do osgeo trademarks work?

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 06:30:27 PDT 2017

That is great Shane, thanks for reaching out to us.

Your work is on https://choosealicense.com is inspirational .. literally.
We borrowed your Q&A approach to help members of the geospatial field find
appropriate open source projects:
http://osgeo.getinteractive.nl/choose-a-project/

I am not quite sure what help we need, for starters I am double checking
with the board email list (and probably the secretary) what trademarks the
organization posses.

Short term goal is to have a page acknowledging trademarks used while
writing a new website. When describing our open source projects we would
like to indicate what proprietary software and file formats can be used in
a hybrid architecture, or migrated from when adopting open source.

I found the FSF take, of acknowledging trademarks being unnecessary
<https://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/html_node/Trademarks.html>, but that
may be too risky for us as an organization.

I will pass your http://chooseafoundation.com/ URL onto our marketing email
list, looks like it will be another great resource.

--
Jody Garnett