[Board] Current election cycle discussion

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Sat Oct 21 23:09:53 PDT 2017

On 10/22/2017 1:31 PM, Jody Garnett wrote:
> Agreed Sanghee individuals must be respected in our organization. Venka the
> board has focused primarily on option (a) - so that was kind of our opinion
> was it not?
>
> I understand we are stuck between two different options, a request for the
> board to act, and the wishes expressed here to not interfere with the CRO
> performing their office.

In the elections that I have seen, there are dates specified for withdrawal
before the voting process begins. Such deadline for withdrawal was not
specified in case of the board election, since no one expected a withdrawal
at any stage.

Since the voting ballot has nine names on it and several members have
already voted using this ballot, it may not be appropriate to come up
with the
new ballot excluding the name of the candidate who has withdrawn mid-way of
voting.

So, I feel, that the best option for the CRO would be to continue with
the voting
using the present ballot. Which would mean that the request for
withdrawal is
held in abeyance by the CRO until the voting is completed.

I fully trust our CRO to take a prudent decision on this matter and
will standby CRO's decision.

My own opinion is that the request for withdrawal from nominee could be
held in abeyance by the CRO.

Venka