[Board] [FOSS4G 2016] Reminder - Publication of papers of the FOSS4G 2016 Academic Track

b.j.kobben at utwente.nl b.j.kobben at utwente.nl
Fri Sep 15 08:22:11 PDT 2017

Dear Moritz,

I would not hold your breath if I was you....

I have now given up on editing the OSGEO Journal (and consequently on the OSGEO board). Already in the beginning of this year Franz-Josef asked me if I would be willing to copy-edit the OSGEO journal edition for the 2016 proceedings, but since then the OSGEO board is either not willing or not capable of making any decision. They seem to be able to endlessly discuss voting procedures or the merits of cooperation with LocationTech, but a simple decision on funding our own OSGEO-Journal is apparently beyond them...

I sincerely advise you to retract your paper (which I thought was well worth reading) and send it in to a journal whose organisation is in better order. I don't have the emails of the other authors, otherwise I'd also advise them likewise...

yours, truly,
--
Barend Köbben

On 15/09/2017, 14:55, "Moritz Lennert" <moritz.lennert at ulb.ac.be> wrote: