[Board] Budgeting project event support for 2018

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Tue Sep 26 12:43:28 PDT 2017

Hi,

Last year, we asked the all projects to help us budget for preject-related
events. The feedback (before consolidation) was (
https://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php?title=OSGeo_Budget_2017&oldid=104525
​)​
GRASS 1,500 code sprint
QGIS 2,000 3,000 1x developer meeting & 1x user conference
GeoServer 1,500 2,000 1x developer meeting / sprint
ZOO-Project 2,000 code sprint
OpenLayers 2,000 code sprint
MapServer 5,000 code sprint (and possibly assist in travel)
PyWPS code sprint, see request details
http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/PyWPS-winter-code-sprint-td5283188.html
GeoMOOSE 3,000 GeoMOOSE presence in at least three regional conferences,
generation of OSGeo-Live USB Thumbdrives for handout at conferences and
other project participation events, seed funding for at least one GeoMOOSE
code Sprint and at least one GeoMOOSE workshop
pycsw 2,000 code sprint

We finally budgeted 17,500. How does this compare to the actual spending
this year?

If you agree, I'll go ahead and ask our projects to provide input for next
year's budget. This way, the incoming board will already have the
information they need to start planning.

Regards,
Anita