[Board] foss4gna board participation and coordination part 2

Michael Smith michael.smith.erdc at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 13:16:02 PDT 2018

Michael Smith – travel and accommodations booked. Govt travel approved. Workshop on Thursday afternoon.

I’ll be at the members meeting.

What day is the Sponsors/Partners meeting?

From: Jody Garnett <jody.garnett at gmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, April 25, 2018 at 4:12 PM
To: Jeff McKenna <jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com>, Helena Mitasova <hmitaso at ncsu.edu>, Michael Smith <michael.smith.erdc at gmail.com>
Cc: osgeo-board List <board at lists.osgeo.org>
Subject: foss4gna board participation and coordination part 2

Okay we have three weeks to go, some updates and coordination are needed.

1) osgeo attendance / board member presence

Board members:

- Helena Mitasova - confirmed! believe travel and accommodation are booked

- Jeff McKenna - not confirmed

- Michael Smith - confirmed

- Jody Garnett - confirmed, travel booked

Members at large:

- New osgeo・us chapter members should be present, would be good to coordinate

While we have booth materials (banners,hand outs) present in st-louis, the exhibitor area has sold out.  Currently looking at having out banners scattered around at the event as hosts.

2) Schedule a member meeting at foss4gna

Timeslot established, we can borrow the un-meeting format from code-sprint.

https://2018.foss4g-na.org/bof-session/osgeo-members-meeting

Promotion of this activity will be needed.

3) Schedule a Sponsors/Partners meeting

Currently we have a time slot (7:30-9:00 Breakfast meeting), and a reservation.

I have sent a lit of sponsors and partners in North America to the board-priv list, we will need to send out email invites and see who can join us.

Reservation asks us to respond with final headcount ...  for COB tomorrow. Given that we have not started inviting anyone I think we should aim for 15-20 people.

4) Travel Grant Program

While the conference committee has now gotten back to us, the time is too short to arrange anything for the event. While this is a disappointing result (especially given diversity goals) I hope the coordination can be improved on for other regional events such as foss4g-eu and foss4g-asia.

--

Jody Garnett