[Board] Improve Community Behaviour

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 10:43:12 PDT 2018

One comment, since this a longstanding issue we could change:
> that is unfortunately part of the recent OSGeo culture
With:
> that is unfortunately gradually become a part of our OSGeo culture

We could also take out "fighting" with something more constructive:
> We are all fighting for the same goals
With:
> We are all seeking the same goals

We have chosen examples from recent experience, which in fine. To be
effective we may wish to cast a slightly wider net to illustrate this is
not an isolated event.

> Or culture of openness should is here to empower and include everyone
where we can be effective. It should not be used aggressively to call our
individuals or organizations that are not in a position to speak.

So in addition to local event organizers:

> Other groups within our organization require a degree of privacy to
operate effectively on our behalf. The board also requires a degree of
privacy to negotiate relationships with our partners. The incubation
process works privately with project teams to address legal issues, in
collaboration the board and osgeo legal. Project teams also ask everyone to
practice responsible disclosure around security issues that can have a wide
effect.

--
Jody Garnett