[Board] About 2018 Board Election results

Gérald Fenoy gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr
Fri Dec 7 21:01:05 PST 2018

Dear OSGeo Board of Directors,
I would like to express my afraid about the validity of the recent board election and also make suggestion to ensure that democratic (aspect) sanctity of the election process is maintained.

1) Did the board authorize the decision to extend the nomination period? Even if this was authorized, I think it is highly improper to extend nomination deadline once the nomination process has already started.

2) Was the decision to extend nomination period only made by the CRO's? If that was the case, this is also grossly improper since CROs are only mandated to conduct the voting process and not change the rules of the election especially after the election process started. At least this is my understanding.

Considering the two points raised above, I strongly suggest that the people nominated after the initial deadline should not be counted. Their votes should be divided among the four candidates who were nominated before the initial nomination deadline and the new board members should be declared from among the four nominees. The other option is to cancel the board election and start the voting process again including only the people that were nominated in time.

Gérald Fenoy
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/User:Djay