[Board] Fwd: pgRouting funds for FOSS4G

Vicky Vergara vicky at georepublic.de
Mon Dec 10 16:50:27 PST 2018

This was complete request

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Vicky Vergara <vicky at georepublic.de>
Date: Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 8:44 AM
Subject: pgRouting funds for FOSS4G
To: <treasurer at osgeo.org>
Cc: Daniel Kastl <daniel at georepublic.de>

Hello Treasurer

I would like to make use of the funds asked on the last year budget to
support some of the traveling expenses of Rohith Reddy to FOSS4G Tanzania.

As we speak, Rohith is applying for the VISA to go, and currently, as he is
a student on Hyderabad Institute of Technology, he got the traveling a $500
traveling grant and his parents are complementing the traveling expenses.

We were to be joint speakers, but I will not go, so that, due to monetary
restrictions, the opportunity of presenting pgRouting is to Rohith as he is
also doing a presentation on the academic track.

The main track:
Path Planning in your Database and more with pgRouting

And in the academic track
Improving Path Query Performance In pgRouting using A Map Generalization
Approach
In the https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Budget_2018 you can see that
pgRouting applied for $500 of budget, we want the budget to be used helping
a member of the team that is a second time mentor of GSoC.

Funds would be transfered to his account after returning from the event.

Regards
Vicky
PS, shall I modify the budget page and put "traveling expenses for FOSS4G"
on the note?

--

Georepublic UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Salzmannstraße 44,