[Board] Argentina local Chapter

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 14:19:08 PST 2018

Going to focus on your one question:

I thought from this [1] and then this [2], that you did provide initial
> funding, am I wrong? Maybe I missed something... I'm not sure I understand
> about the sensitivities. Can you provide more information on what issues we
> will need to address?

..
> [1] https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/board/2018-March/011318.html
> <https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/board/2018-March/011318.html>[2]
> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2018-04-11#OSGeo_Europe_-_request_for_initial_funding

Thanks for hunting down the links based on [2] it was handled as a donation
and not a sponsorship (or seed funding).

I don't think there are any more issue for you to address, we just need to
get a meeting time sorted out.

aside: I can kind of see why osgeo-eu handled this as a donation -
sponsorship or seed funding may have an obligation while donation would be
without condition? I know it is only language differences but it is good to
be careful :)