[Board] [OSGeo-Conf] Voting Results of RfP 2019

Till Adams till.adams at fossgis.de
Tue Jan 2 07:06:29 PST 2018

Dear Jody,

sorry for m late response, I took some days out. Sorry to say, but I
have  really no idea. I think it was not the time-frame in general, as
we had nearly the same dates last year and we had a low voting response
on the LoI's also.

>From my point of view it was also definitively not a lack of
information, as I sent around several emails and also reminded the
voters several times. Others might me correct here - of course I think
that my own information policy was correct ;-). But in the end the dates
have been clear right from the beginning of the whole process - with the
exception, that we extended the period for one week, but I also informed
everybody on that and there was also some discussion on this topic - so,
just watching the mailing-list should be enough to get that information.

I sent out personal emails to the non-voters, but I did it today, so no
reactions to expect yet. Just to make it open: Out of 15 voting members,
we had 9 votes, 5 non-voters plus Vasile, who of course did not vote. As
said, I contacted each member, that did not vote and asked for reasons.
I also pleased the members, that also did not vote on the LoI to review
their membership and eventually to step back if they can't guarantee to
vote for the next rfp.

For the upcoming weeks I want to do several things, that hopefully
improve and ease our work, I also put the item "new members" on my
agenda. I also want to setup the time schedule for the 2020-rfp early
this year.

So far (and happy new year!)

Till