[Board] FOSS4G 2018 Community Sprint - organization and sponsoring

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 00:45:18 PDT 2018

> Hello,
>
> I created the page for asking the code sprint funding already
>
>   https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Talk:FOSS4G_2018_Community_Sprint [1]
>
> So it would be great to talk about it on thursday on the board meeting

Thanks Astrid, that is great :)

So we need an estimate for catering, I do not know what to expect for food
and drinks for 50 people in that city. Can we ask one of the local team for
an appropriate amount? Perhaps they could get a quote. Searching online,
many of the directories link to facebook pages for catering companies. Must
be an area of the world where facebook is used (sigh).

Still we can probably make a proposal for "up to" 1000.

> I added it to the agenda:
> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2018-07-05
>
> We will have a kick-off meeting with the Code Sprint people on
> wednesday, so I will have more information ready for thursday.

That is excellent, thanks for facilitating Astrid.