[Board] (no subject)

Alex Leith alexgleith at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 03:34:31 PDT 2018

Dear OSGeo Board members

I am writing on behalf of the FOSS4G SotM Oceania Conference Committee.
Myself (Alex Leith) and John Bryant are chairs of this conference
organising committee, and we have our inaugural event planned for November
this year in Melbourne, Australia. For more information, see:
https://foss4g-oceania.org/.

In accordance with the code sprint sponsorship guidelines here:
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Code_Sprint_Guidelines we would like to submit
an application for sponsorship for our 'Community Day', which will include
code sprints on various OSGeo and related projects, in addition to
mapathons on OpenStreetMap. The specific activities will be community
driven.

Our application document is here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fKPn5tF8z3edeiidlPBShA5H3xR0mstdKyqG-VwlRrQ/edit?usp=sharing
.

We would welcome discussion of this sponsorship request, and John and I can
make ourselves available to you for this.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Alex Leith
FOSS4G SotM Oceania Co-Chair