[Board] GPDR

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 10:18:25 PDT 2018

As pointed out on discuss, some of our services share information about
members of our community, falling in the line of fire for the EU General
Data Projection Regulation
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Data_Protection_Regulation>.

So what personal data collection do we have?

a) signed contribution agreements for contributors, these documents are
provided to us and managed by the secretary. We do need to share these with
the project steering committees so they can verify contributors are on the
up-and-up.

b) OSGeo user id - as noted on discuss we offer a tool to query the
database and see if an email address is in use.

c) Wiki login? Imagine it is similar to the above, not sure if we have a
status update about replacing wiki logins yet.

d) email list membership / mailman access? I know Source Forge has put all
mailman list management under lock and key, and as a GeoServer admin I can
no longer figure out information about email list subscribers ... only a
total number.

Anything missing in the above list?
--
Jody Garnett