[Board] [Incubator] request from zoo-project

Gérald Fenoy gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr
Mon Jul 16 12:52:53 PDT 2018

Dear Cameron,
thanks for you email, my answer inline below.

> Le 16 juil. 2018 à 20:55, Cameron Shorter <cameron.shorter at gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> Thanks Gerald for providing clarifications, it is helping provide context which I'm planning to use to revise my vote.
>
> Can you additionally answer:
>
> 1. Who will receive travel funding requested? Is it you?

The funding will be received by me and should partially cover my travel expenses.

> 2. Specifically, what are you planning to do at the conference to benefit OSGeo? Give a workshop? Give a presentation? Network? …

At the conference, there will be a talk about the ZOO-Project. There is also a workshop and a talk about the MapMint project which is based on the ZOO-Project, MapServer, GDAL and OpenLayers (mainly). All are OSGeo, I may have mentioned the roots tools such as: PROJ4 and GEOS but also PgRouting which can also be used.

Just to mention that traditionally, I give 2 workshops and 2 presentations but this time, the first one, the ZOO-Project workshop has not been accepted. You may see list of talks workshops already given there [1].

[1] http://www.zoo-project.org/ZOO-Project/ZOO-Events

Best regards,

Gérald Fenoy
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/User:Djay