[Board] Fwd: UPDATE: Open AR Cloud (OARC) is Ready for Liftoff!

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 13:15:40 PDT 2018

On 2/11/18 3:33 am, Jody Garnett wrote:
> Speaking of ... I would like to see much more recognition of how *we*
> work, and emphasis our expectation that partner relationships produce
> solid participation in our open source community. It is not quite
> enough to promote the use of open source, I would like to see OSGeo
> promote participation as a key benefit of of our approach. /If our
> partners are only using open source we are doing them a disservice,
> they are missing out on the value of the approach./
+1, One way to explain this is:
"In the digital economy, collaboration out competes competition."

A strong indicator of a project's long term success is extent of
collaboration within the community behind it.

A presentation around this statement is here:
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1K8lICVobZovRmI5SKiYVYBMpt6YmD3Ky0iMgdyR1DX4/

--
Cameron Shorter
Technology Demystifier