[Board] Minneapolis Community Sprint 2019

Lime, Steve D (MNIT) steve.lime at state.mn.us
Fri Nov 16 11:14:30 PST 2018

Hi all: We've been doing some serious planning around hosting a community/code sprint in Minneapolis next spring and things look like they will come together nicely - I'm asking for OSGeo's support for the event. We have formed a local committee consisting of members of the Twin Cities MapServer User Group (the local OSGeo chapter), the University of Minnesota U Spatial organization and SharedGeo - a local non-profit. A sprint page is taking shape here:

  https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Community_Sprint_2019

At a glance:

  When: May 14-17 (4 days)
  Where: Minneapolis, MN - University of Minnesota (Wilson Research Collaboration Studio)
  Anticipated attendance: 50+
  Projects: we expect a wide variety of projects to be represented - folks from MapServer, the LiDAR community, GeoMoose and PostGIS have already committed to attend.

Have secured event space and have already began reaching out to sponsors - with success. We are working on preliminary budget that will be posted at the link above. The space is being made available at no charge thanks to our partnership with U Spatial so sponsorship dollars will go largely towards daily meals and ice breaker events for the attendees.

Thanks for your consideration... Best regards!

--Steve