[Board] MOU discussion GeoTech

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 10:44:19 PDT 2019

>From todays meeting we were looking at:
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/MOU_GeoTech

Initial feedback is requesting clarification on: "reduced or waived
registration fees"

   - Since we have a no-fee membership structure we do not offer discounts
   to our own members.
   - I am willing to offer the same discount (and free software) to GeoTech
   participants?

I would also request ca clause on open source participation:

   - *d. Contribute to geospatial open source projects*
      - *i. Direct participation in the development and documentation of
      OSGeo projects*
      - *ii. Positive and productive participation in project email list
      and communication channels*
      - *iii. Use of the project issue tracker and public support channels*
      - *iv. Ensure organizations participating in UNIGIS have determined
      an open source participation policy enabling members to work on shared
      intellectual property. As an example several of our projects require
      organizations signed a contributor license agreement on behalf of their
      researchers.*

--
Jody Garnett