[Board] UNIGIS MOU

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 12:15:32 PST 2019

I have tried to make it a new top level concern on the same level as the
research targets:

   - *d. Contribute to geospatial open source projects*
      - *i. Direct participation in the development and documentation of
      OSGeo projects*
      - *ii. Positive and productive participation in project email list
      and communication channels*
      - *iii. Use of the project issue tracker and public support channels*
      - *iv. Ensure organizations participating in UNIGIS have determined
      an open source participation policy enabling members to work on shared
      intellectual property. As an example several of our projects require
      organizations signed a contributor license agreement on behalf of their
      researchers.*

I added point [iv] to show that we are serious about this (use of words
like intellectual property and signed contribution agreement). Groups
participating in OSGeo need to sort out their ability to donate IP before
considering the productive use of open source. We do welcome tourists, but
we love immigrants :)
--
Jody Garnett