[Board] flickring out ...

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 22:01:10 PST 2019

I was having a more serious look at our OSGeo Flickr group (some great
early pictures of foss4g 2006 and the first osgeo booth). And downloading
some photos that looked fun (mostly from Ian Turton).

I discovered I am an admin in the osgeo group, and I can look at the
members and see a) who has over 1000 photos and b) who is "pro" (and will
keep over 1000 photos). To keep these early photos we can consider reaching
out to:

https://www.flickr.com/groups/osgeo/members/

   - Ian Turton: 2326
   - Jody Garnett: 3192
   - Jeffrey Johnson: 7720
   - Astrid: 996

https://www.flickr.com/groups/foss4g/members/

   - Guido Stein: 1222
   - Steven Feldman: 3334
   - Joe Larson: 1142
   - Bazza Seaotter: 1615

This is a surprisingly small list, with many of these members are still
active in our community.

Rather than watch this history vanish (on OSGeo's birthday no less) can we
consider contacting these individuals once we have a place to store old
photos (and ask them to upload again), or expense a Flickr pro subscription
to give SAC more time?

Any word on if next cloud is suitable for holding photos?
--
Jody Garnett