[Board] board travel request

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 07:18:31 PST 2019

Individual pricing is just a discount, think it covers a lot of our
community members which is nice.

I was reminded off list that I am helping out with the LOC (TGP and
workshops) so l get a free registration that way.  Our remaining
registration costs should be $100 B2B for osgeo to attend the B2B (in part
to visibly support our partners and sponsors). The math for other board
attendees should be as described.

If we run a member meeting do we want to bring in pizza and have a picnic
outside?

On Thu, Feb 28, 2019 at 12:09 AM María Arias de Reyna <delawen at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 6:49 PM Jody Garnett <jody.garnett at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> c) Do we have any interest in running member meetings this year? Perhaps
>>>>

>>> I would like to do so.
>>>

>> Okay I will put that into planning with the LOC.

>>> I don't understand this. Does it mean we have a special price?
>>>

>> It means OSGeo is an organization, so my math would be:
>> - Attending as myself: $250 registration, $50 gala
>> - Attending as board: $400 registration, $100 B2B, $50 gala
>>

> I think go for the "board" mode, you are going on board mode. Will it mean
> you have also access to something that is not available to individuals or
> is it just a discount?
>

>>> e) it is unclear to me if OSGeo expects any presence at the event by
>>>>

>>> I understand that all FOSS4G events are organized by OSGeo members,
>>> therefore, all FOSS4G events are organized (implicitly) by OSGeo.
>>>

>> A bit more than that, we have provided seed funding for this specific
>> event.
>>
>> I did not take anything implicit, some foss4g events are directly hosted
>> by local chapters for example.

Jody Garnett