[Board] QGIS UserConf 2019. Financial support request. Estimated budget attached

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 15:49:36 PST 2019

Looks great! We are currently setting our budget for 2019
<https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Budget_2019> so we cannot respond right
away.

Reading to see what form of financial support are you looking for:
Looking at the attachment it is a request for 4.000€. Since QGIS and OSGeo
are listed separately than sponsors probably as a host of the event.
- We tend to like hosting events (some financial risk but a chance to
support earlier) rather than sponsorship (we do not need to compete for
visibility with sponsors who are working with limited marketing budgets) ...
- Is this support you are asking for from OSGeo directly, or is it to be
part of the budget request from the QGIS team?
- the board is thinking of having an event budget (draft 10k) to support
events such as this, perhaps we should increase the amount?
- Are you looking for just a transfer of funds or are you looking at osgeo
taking on some financial risk (which is handy if sponsorship does not come
through)

--
Jody Garnett