[Board] GRASS GIS budget 2019

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon Jan 21 11:42:49 PST 2019

On Mon, Jan 21, 2019 at 9:29 AM María Arias de Reyna <delawen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I like your budget: detailed and touching many topics. This is going
> to be a good one for referencing next years :)

Great ;-)

> I'm curious about how you estimated the budget for the website
> migration. Is it a budget from a company? Are you going to do it with
> people from the community and pay the volunteers that work most?

It is not with a company but the plan is to work with a community
member on that.
Since a "volunteers-only" approach didn't work out in the last many
years we now want to pay some of the effort in order to get it done.

> Because maybe in GeoNetwork we allocate some budget for maintaining
> basic stuff and I am not sure how to approach it properly.

We'll put more details into our Wiki page on which items are covered
and which approach to use in detail.
Perhaps that will help then. For sure, the technology decision between
CMS and e.g. static web pages generated from Markdown quite matters in
terms of a "distributed" way of maintaining it.

Best,
Markus